Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A little beauty in the kitchen

Our kitchen theme was based upon these potholders my mother-in-law got us when she went to Pennsylvania a year ago.
 I decided I wanted a country theme in the kitchen and pictured roosters, white painted cabinets, pink lace curtains and a country-looking table. 
What actually happened in the kitchen?  Well, after a year still haven't found curtains I like, realized our cabinets cannot be painted since they seem to be made out of formica or some other horrible 1970 product and I'm really not a fan of birds, and I couldn't see how a rooster would could win me over in the kitchen.
Soooooo, plan B needed to be thought up.  I went on to Behr's website and looked up our kitchen paint which is called Sage Tint.  I think looked to see what colors they said coordinated with it.  Well, I fell in love.  The colors Behr suggested were a light blue called Carribian Mist and a light pink called Delicate Blush.
Armed with this information I pondered how I could make the kitchen a room I could enjoy. I don't cook all too often so I'm not in the kitchen unless Dave asks me to taste something he's cooking or if I'm washing the dishes. Dave is the cook in our household.  I decided to incorporate the blue and the pink in little accents in the room. 
Here's my first little project.  We got these canisters for our shower and I looooove them! I love the sleek style and is timeless.

Now, with some hot glue and ribbon, they add a nice little pop of color to the kitchen.

I still haven't decided on a theme for the kitchen to tie in the blue and the pink, but I'm pleased to be able to start moving in some sort of direction color-wise. 
I have a microwave cart with a butcher block top which I may decide to paint the wood the light blue called Carribian Mist.  I can't wait!

No comments: